Wednesday, March 23, 2011

1DPO & the source of my sanity

Weeeelllll I suppose I am 1DPO. I feel weird though... After everything I've heard about the "myth of O on CD14", I feel like a huge jackass for actually ovulating on CD14. Sorry guys, that's just my dumb luck. Nothing of much interest to report. Things won't be gettin interesting for another few days. I am always on the lookout for symptoms cuz I RARELY get IPS, so... Any sign is a big deal for me.

I would like to take this moment to focus your attention to the source of my sanity through all this: One of my dearest most darlingest friends TJ over @ "Army Wife Post".

TJ was brave enough to share her infertility struggles with me, even before I was deemed "INFERTILE". I always had a feeling in the back of my mind, and heart... LITERALLY since forever, that I would have troubles getting pregnant. We had talked about this before, and I like to give myself an iota of credit & think that she saw in me someone she could turn to without judgement or the inevitable and terrible "Relax" speech.

She updated me on this new & freaky road she started down with her precious husband J (I was in their wedding, he truly is a treasure to behold). When she would text me with appointment updates or bad, sad, not-at-all good news, I would cry for her. I would pray for her harder than I prayed for my own TTC struggles. I couldn't imagine being in her shoes & hoped I never would be...

These days we are sharing similar stories. I haven't been through as many procedures as she has, but we are both struggling to a common goal: spit up, dirty diapers & a lifetime of "firsts".

Nobody else in my real life day-to-day interactions can relate. Sure, I have supportive friends who love me & listen, but lets be honest... They do not give a shit about my cervical mucus. I don't blame them... But I know that TJ is out there waiting for me to text her as I pee in a cup (not easy).

it breaks my heart that J's army job keeps her so far from me, all the way to Georgia!... I remember when she was a 45 minute drive away & we could sit by the pool with our Nalgene bottles of Screwdriver-y deliciousness & just talk crap & laugh. Now we do it all through text & the (rare) phone date (we are busy)... But at least we are in the same time zone now (ugh, alaska).


I think about how easily our ships could've passed in the night, and how absolutely grateful I am to have her. She is my IFBFF & will always be my little ginger muffin. I lover you, TJ, and miss you a la fat kid/cake.

1 comment:

  1. Aww you sweet shit I lover you. You just made me laugh out loud and cry at the same time. You are pure genius. I love how lighthearted you make the situation for me. Like it is a laughing matter and we should do nothing but make sex jokes and compare ovaries. haha You are amazing and I am so thankful to have you as my friend for-ever-and-ever-and-ever.

    ReplyDelete